Tuesday 24 October 2017

Urban Decay Trouble Maker Mascara - Super Fat, Super Long & Sex Proof!

Urban Decay Trouble Maker Mascara

Whenever I think of Urban Decay, my thoughts immediately go to their eyeshadow palettes, the Naked ones in particular are some of my all time favourites. I've found over the years that when it comes to makeup Urban Decay always get it right - I love everything from their eyeshadows, lipsticks and the All Nighter Foundation has become my holy grail. However I've never tried any of the Urban Decay mascaras - Shocking, right? My reason for this, is because I begrudge paying more than £10.00 for a mascara, especially when mascara is so hard to get right. So I've always resisted the urge to splurge and stick with drugstore mascaras instead. That is until the new Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara* made its way through my letter box and its made me have a huge rethink about high end mascaras. So I thought I'd come on my blog today to let you guys know if this new mascara is worth its price tag. 



If you're a sucker for packaging like I am, then you'll be sold on this mascara just by it looks. I think this has to be on of the prettiest mascara I've ever seen! The Troublemaker Mascara is housed in this double-walled, faceted tube with a prismatic finish that gives off this two toned coloured effect whenever it catches the light. The purple, green and gold reflects give this mascara a mermaid/unicorn feel, which just adds to the magic of this mascara. You can just tell that this is an Urban Decay product from the way it looks. 

Urban Decay made some pretty bold statements about this mascara, its super fat, super long and is even sex proof! To have all of this in one product sounds too good to be true, so I've enjoyed putting it to the test over the last few weeks and I can finally tell you if it ticks all those boxes.

Urban Decay Trouble Maker Mascara

Super Fat

When it comes to mascara, I love a lash that holds a curl and makes my lashes look really thick and full of volume. As soon as I applied one coat of the Troublemaker Mascara, I was impressed. The wand allows me to comb my lashes with ease and it somehow manages to separate each lash, which then gives that volumizing effect. One coat is perfect for everyday, but on those occasions when my lashes need a bit more oomph, I go for two or three coats. Whenever I apply more than one coat, my lashes have this gorgeous false lash effect. Urban Decay have made it really easy to apply multiple coats with the Troublemaker mascara, as I've not experienced any clumping. Each coat dries really quickly, which makes applying each coat foolproof.

Urban Decay Trouble Maker Mascara

Super Long

My natural lashes are fairly long on their own, so I never go out of my way to purchase a mascara that adds length, but the Troublemaker mascara definitely defines the length of my lashes. If you have shorter lashes, I think you'll be really impressed at how long you can make your lashes look and the wand does all the hard work for you. The bristles on the wand really define each last and I can always coat my lashes from root to tip with ease.

Urban Decay Trouble Maker Mascara

Sex Proof

Now this is a claim that I can't confirm, but what I can say is that I'm a busy mum who spends the best part of my day running around after my toddler. By the end of the day, I'm always happy to see that my mascara is still going strong. With a lot of mascaras, I can often find they flake as the day goes on and a good chunk of it is half way down my face. I tend to rub my eyes a lot and the Trouble Maker mascara always stays put. Whilst this mascara is fairly budge proof, it's definitely not waterproof and I would advise not wearing this if you're having an emotional week as it will run when it comes into contact with any water. Similarly you want to keep out of the rain whenever wearing this. I actually would love to see Urban Decay come out with a waterproof version of this mascara, as it would be perfect for holidays!

The big question is would I buy this mascara again? Absolutely! I never thought a high end mascara would win me over, but the results I get with the Troublemaker mascara are too good and really make a difference. A lot of the time I have tried looking eyes and the best way to combat this is having a great concealer, minimal eye makeup look and a trusty mascara that really opens and brightens up my eyes - The Troublemaker does exactly this.

If you're still on the hunt for that holy grail mascara or just like trying something new, then I would really recommend giving this ago. The Troublemaker mascara retails for £19.50, which can be a lot for a mascara, but I promise you its worth every penny as it makes such a huge difference. You can pick up the mascara here.

Have you tried the Troublemaker Mascara yet? Or are you a fan of high end mascara's? Let me know.


Share:

1 comment

  1. I know what you mean in respect of Urban Decay, I just associate them with their eyeshadows because they are SO darn good.
    My first high end purchase at the age of 14 was from Urban Decay, it was the Midnight Cowboy eyeshadow. Anyhow, I digress. This does sound quite nice, although like you, I rarely buy high end mascaras.
    Amy x
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig